I am not the kind of girl who wears heels every day. More often than not I’m in sneaker or sandals.
But then came the block heel. A magical invention that made adding a few extra inches to your stature, not just casual and acceptable but a million times more comfortable.
I got my first pair as a gift from my mom, and thus began a heated love affair that would cause my shoe collection to grow to such epic proportions it takes up more than one large moving box.
Adding even just a few inches, plus the sound of the heels satisfying click, clack, as I walk, puts me in the mood to power strut my way through life turning the world into my runway.
And if you think I am being dramatic you haven’t seen me walk in some of my heeled booties, like its a bit embarrassing how into it I get. Sometimes, If I’m feeling really annoying I will purposefully make as much noise in them as I can, because yes I am basically a five year old.
But no matter if it’s a strappy style for summer or a bootie for fall, I can’t get enough of them and have found myself reaching for my favorite pairs of everyday heels more and more. Maybe its part of being an adult and no longer running all over university campuses and feeling overdressed when I wore them. Is that what being an adult feels like?
I’ve rounded my fav and most worn pairs of everyday heels for all occasions and weather so that you to can be overly dramatic and turn the world into your runway.
- Steve Madden Kyle Bootie: Need I say more as a fall essential and Mr. Madden happens to be one of my all-time favorite designers. Going into his stores usually means the death of my paycheck.
2.Mossimo Kendra Sandal: I have these in burgundy and they have been on repeat all summer and fall. They are so comfortable and they go with everything from jeans, to dresses, to rompers.
- Olive Ankle Boot: I feel like this year everyone needs a pair of olive boots in their wardrobe. Its the color of fall and these ones are just so comfortable and cute, perfect for taking from summer to fall because of the little peep toe.
- Blowfish Spins Bootie: The buckle detailing on this is my favorite. It adds just a touch of something extra and stylish! The chocolate color is so warm and perfect for fall!
- Kelly And Katie Tessano Bootie; I am a sucker for a cute little bow detail. I can’t get enough of these in a soft grey color. How perfect for fall paired with some cute jeans and a slouchy sweater!
- Dr. Scholls Cheer Oxford; I love a good classic oxford. This one has a little bit of heel and is perfect to pair with trousers and a top for work or dressing down with a cute sweater dress in the fall.
- Journee Collection Wen Bootie; Who doesn’t love a pop of color? I had to keep myself from buying these in every available color and settle for just these blue ones. Which I have been loving so much as a nice pop of color with black dresses.
- Bare Traps Guenna Bootie: The back of these gives me an almost western feel with the strapping and I can’t get enough of a good classic warm leather bootie.
- Tahari Margaret Sandal: Some classic black block heel sandals are an absolute staple as I can pair these to dress up, dress down and everything in between.
- Mix No.6 Tonia Sandal: A good pair of block heel mules is also a must in my wardrobe right now. They are so perfect for taking into this weird in-between season and I love the color and comfort of these.
What are your got to block heels? Are you about them do you hate them?
I hope you all have a great start to your week and I will see you again on Wednesday.