I never struggled with super bad acne. In fact for most of my life with exceptions of a few bad breakouts every now and again, like the Mount Vesuvius currently residing in the middle of my chin, I’ve had pretty decent skin.
However my love for foundation, and makeup in general means I rarely if ever leave the house without at least a little bit of coverage on my face. And as the weather cools down I am opting for matte, full coverage makeup more and more!
And let’s be honest more times than not if I am going through the effort of doing my makeup its full coverage or nothing.
I was never a girly girl when I was younger. I was far more tomboy and rarely if ever wore makeup. I always had soccer practice after school, or was running around and never wanted to go through the effort of taking my makeup off beforehand or sweating it off my face.
So until I was in college I never really played around with makeup but once I started it became an addiction! Over the years I’ve tried so many different foundations some that I’ve truly dislike and some that I absolutely love. I learned that there are some foundations I love in summer but when fall comes around I always opt for more coverage and a matte finish versus something lighter weight and dewier.
I am definitely a drugstore makeup kinda girl, and though I do have some higher end foundations I love, 99% my drugstore’s ones are my go-to’s and to be honest sometimes out perform the high-end ones! So I’ve decided to share some of my favorite fall drugstore foundations with all of you to hopefully help you save some money and let you know whats worth it to rock your favorite matte look this fall!
- Wet N Wild Photo Focus. This really shouldn’t come as any surprise but this is one of my all time favorite foundations ever. I will say this, the smell is not the most pleasant thing in the world, it’s pretty strong and paint like, but the finish, coverage, and longevity of this is amazing! Not to mention its only $5. This is a go too also for taking pictures as it’s been formulated to not flashback.
- Milani 2 in 1 Conceal And Perfect: God bless that they have started releasing this foundation in other undertones and lighter shades because this stuff is so bomb! Super full coverage, long lasting, and the perfect finish for fall when I am rocking a dark matte lip, this is my go-to for keeping me flawless all day long and for nice occasions.
- L’Oreal Infallible Total Coverage: I talked about this in a recent favorite post which if you want more fall makeup suggestions, you can read here, but I recently discovered this and am so obsessed with the coverage it gives! a nice natural matte finish, while giving me so much coverage! This has been on repeat lately and I can’t get over how much I love it!
- NYX Mineral Stick Foundation: This is totally not talked about enough! This is the only stick foundation I’ve found from the drugstore that really work for me. Goes on nice a smooth plenty of coverage and once set with a powder the finish is a nice everyday matte. This one blends out the best with a brush!
- Revlon Colorstay Foundation. I’ll be honest when I first tried this I absolutely hated it! I didn’t like the way it look when I applied it. It looked cakey and just awful but after I finished blending it out, applied my concealer, powder and the rest of my makeup and hit it with some setting spray, it looked so good! Now it’s become a must-have in my collection!
Do any of you guys have go to foundations that you prefer in the fall? I know it might seem a little extra to have an entirely different set of foundations for cooler seasons but it so warm here in the summer that I want something lightweight that’s going to last. Most of these though still really nice formulas are a tad heavier than my more luminous summer foundations.
Any foundations that I have to try this fall?
I hope you all are having a great Monday!