Hey, everyone, and Happy Saturday! I want to start off by saying congratulations to all the new college graduates! You made it! Take a drink or five you’ve earned it! I am back home in Boulder, CO this weekend and it’s my sister’s graduation! I swear every time I come back something has changed about this city! However, there are definitely a few top 10 things to do in Boulder.
Things To Do In Boulder: The Top 10
- Go Hike At Chautauqua Park.One of the most beautiful hikes in the area is up to Royal Arch and it’s a short one. It is a little bit challenging but the reward is a sweeping view of most of the city. The scenery along the way is also just stunning. If you aren’t a hiker the park offers much more. There are dining options and tons of outdoor space for picnics or enjoying the sunshine and a playground for kids.
2. Climb Mount Sanitas: There is not a better place to see all of Boulder than a top this hike whose start is literally located just off one of the main through streets in town. A little bit of climb at the top if you can handle some steep rocks and some adventurous half scrambling you’ll get a stunning view of pretty much the entire city.
3.Visit one of the amazing micro-breweries. As one of the biggest beer states in the country, Colorado has some of the best breweries out there. A few of my favorite local ones are Avery Brewing and New Belgium. Both offer a delicious selection of beers, beautiful locations and plenty to enjoy for everyone.
4. Tour the Coor Factory. Though not technically in Boulder it’s a short drive up into the foothills. A lot of people will say this is not really something you need to see as its a massive factory operation and a lot of snooty beer people might not think much of Coors. But, It’s free and it’s actually an awesome tour. It’s interesting and self-guided so you can move at your own pace, and they give awesome samples at the end of the tour!
5. Stroll Down Pearl Street Mall. In the summer there is nothing better than walking up and down the outdoor mall and watch street performers, plus peaking into the little shops or cooling off with some ice cream. With a wide selection of stores, delicious restaurants, and entertainment it’s the perfect place to really take in the best of town.
6. Visit Celestial Seasonings. Another free tour, this amazing little tea factory is home to the brand you probably see in your grocery store. It takes you through the process of how they make their delicious blends and you can test your strength against the peppermint room to see how long you last against the powerful minty aroma.
7. Visit The Dushanbe Tea House. It has been donated by our sister city in Tajikistan. This ornately decorated tearoom is a must see. stop by and grab a cup of tea, order a whole meal or enjoy formal tea time while taking in the intricately painted ceiling and columns or beautiful rose gardens out on the patio. It’s the perfect picture opportunity to show off all the unique things to do in Boulder.
8. Grab A Drink at Sundown Saloon. A little hole of a dive bars, this hangout is located in the basement of a building along Pearl Street Mall and is completely illuminated by Christmas lights. Cheap drinks and a cool atmosphere make this place a definite favorite, try a kamikaze shot, it tastes like key lime pie!
9. Eat Breakfast at The Buff Resturant. This place has long been a favorite of many local. Be wary about trying to go on a weekend as it can get packed! Delicious food, and a great atmosphere I’ve been going here since I was a little kid and am never disappointed. I love their Corn Beef Hash Skillet, and they do half portions which are awesome. Hardy, real food, and piping hot coffee, this is a must visit for me whenever back in my hometown.
10. Visit The Farmers Market. If you happen to be here when the market is in town go check it out. More a miniature street fair, there is music and art, there are also people selling everything from produce to crafts and it’s a great way to get out and enjoy some the abundant sunshine that is always beaming in Colorado. Grab potstickers for lunch from the food court in front of the tea house and enjoy it while people watching along Boulder Creek.
I hope this post inspires more of you to come and visit my beautiful little corner of the world. Come see for yourself why even now after so many years I’m still so in love with the city I was born in! There are so many fun things to do in Boulder, it’s impossible to be bored. Just don’t forget at altitude its easy to get dehydrated, feel sick and your skin to try out. Take care of yourself and your skin, check out my post some of my favorite face masks to help keep your skin looking great!
Again Congrats to all you grads out there and I hope everyone has an amazing weekend and finds an adventure!